- Browse by:
- Electrical & Electronic Components
- Electrical Machinery
- Electromagnetic Prospecting
- Magnets & Shielding
- Fluid Flow
- Fluid Flow in Industrial Machinery & Equipment
- Hydrology & Subsurface Flow
- Microfluidics Devices & Analytical Instruments
When electromagnetic fields result in a force between two opposite poles, this force, if large enough, causes structural deformation. In some cases, the deformations of the solid are large enough to affect the electromagnetic fields, so that the describing physics must be fully coupled.
Applications of this multiphysics coupling are numerous and varied, ranging from motors and drives to giant industrial electromagnets and railguns to micro-tweezers used in MEMS devices. Modeling this interaction involves the coupling between structural mechanics and electromagnetism.